Nearly every woman wants to have a body like Jessica Biel’s. Who wouldn’t want to look like her? The American actress and model has a slim, fit and healthy body that doesn’t scream anorexic in any way.
In recent years, Jessica Biel’s toned and athletic build has been redefining sexy in the United States. In 2005, Esquire magazine named Jessica the “Sexiest Woman Alive” and ranked No. 1 in Stuff magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women” in 2007. During that same year, she was also named Maxim’s No. 5 Hot 100, AskMen.com’s No. 7 on the Top 99 Women 2008, and the ninth sexiest woman by FHM in 2009.
The Jessica Biel Workout Philosophy
Proper diet and exercise are the key to achieving Jessica’s sharp physique. A combination of strength training and cardio exercise, along with a mixture of sports, dance classes, and other outdoor activities done every once in a while, keeps her muscles long and strong and her body fat at bay.
Her diet is also kept in check. Jessica eats carbohydrates that are of the complex kind and sticks fruits and vegetables for snacks. This doesn’t mean she does not enjoy her favorite meals at all. Once every weekend, Jessica gives up all diet restrictions and indulges in all her favorite foods.
Jessica Biel Workout Routine
This celebrity workout isn’t as easy as Jessica makes it look like. For beginners who want to take on this routine, Jessica Biel’s trainer Jason Walsh suggests doing less reps until you can reach the number of reps that Jessica does herself.
Here is the typical Jessica Biel workout according to Walsh.
- Warm-Up Phase. Start with five minutes of light cardio exercise, such as jogging, jump roping, biking, or anything that gets the heart pumping and the blood flowing.
- Lunges. Follow with eight to 10 reps of walking lunges. Start by standing straight with your legs kept together. Bring your left leg forward, making a 90° degree angle with your ankle and your knee. Bring your right leg forward then do the lunge again. Repeat with the right leg. If you want more challenge, do the lunges while carrying a set of weights. This exercise is great for sculpting a perfect butt and pair of legs.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Take a half-mile jog then follow it immediately with a 200-meter sprint. Take a one-minute rest then run a 100-meter sprint. Take another minute-long rest then run a 100-meter sprint. HIIT keeps the body in constant fat-burning mode.
- Hanging Leg Raises. Walsh says this isn’t one of Jessica’s favorite exercises, but it definitely helped her get that flat tummy toned even when it’s not bikini season. Hanging from a high bar, raise your knees a little bit above the waist and hold for two seconds before letting go. Repeat 15 times.
- Stair Jumping. Plyometrics is a fancy name for this exercise. Begin at the bottom stair and jump to the third stair. Continue jumping up the stairs, skipping one stair every time, until you have reached the top of 20 stairs. This isn’t fun, and every muscle in your body will be screaming out loud in pain, which means every muscle has been worked out.
- Weight Training. For a toned instead of a beefed up look, use lighter weights and do more reps.
- Russian Twist. To train the obliques, sit down slightly leaned back. Hold a five-pound exercise ball and twist to the left, then to the right. Repeat 15 times for each side.
- Bicep Curl. With knees slightly bent and 10-pound dumbbells in hand, curl weights to chest, turn palms forward, then push the weights upwards over your head. Bring them down and do three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
Mix the Jessica Biel workout with your own brand of physical activities. Play tennis, take some dance classes, or, as Jessica does, hike with your dogs. The variety in activities works a variety of muscle groups and keeps your muscles getting ready for more.
Jessica Biel Diet Plan
The usual daily meal plan is composed of organic foods, complex carbs, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Here is a typical Jessica Biel meal plan prepared by her trainer.
- Breakfast – One cup of oatmeal, a handful of berries
- Snack – One slice whole wheat toast with 1 ½ tbsp. almond butter and sliced bananas
- Lunch – Salad with chicken and vinaigrette dressing
- Snack – A banana, apple, or strawberries
- Dinner – Fish, plateful of vegetables, ½ cup basmati rice, dark chocolate
This diet plan provides you with the right amount of nutrients to keep you going as you shape yourself up with the Jessica Biel workout.